Welcome to the BIMe Initiative!
BIMexcellenc.org is the home of the BIMe Initiative Community. There are 156 pages covering ongoing projects and many useful resources to freely download. No registration is needed except if you'd like to participate in the BIMei Forums.
The BIMei Community works on a variety of interconnected projects. More than 140 volunteers work in micro teams composed of esteemed professors, students, professionals, and educators from across 40+ countries. You can meet the Community members and learn about their projects by watching the 1st Excellence Seminar on the BIMe Initiative's YouTube Channel!
Who we are | What we do | How we do it
Who we are | What we do | How we do it
The BIMe Initiative is a not-for-profit knowledge generation and sharing effort undertaken by volunteer researchers from both industry and academia. The BIMe Initiative provides a community-based, research-driven alternative to top-down, authority-led, and prescriptive BIM diffusion policies. Supported by clear knowledge structures, a network of international subject matter experts, and an expanding modular language, the BIMe Initiative delivers an innovative, coherent and timely response to the opportunities and challenges caused by digital transformation across the Built Environment.
The BIMe Initiative aims to improve the performance of individuals, organisations and project teams in the construction industry through:
- Developing a modular language for digital transformation across the Construction Industry. The language will simplify complex topics and weave multiple research efforts into one consistent whole;
- Generating reliable industry-wide competency benchmarks and identifying competency gaps to be addressed through continuous performance improvement activities;
- Developing competency-based learning methods, tools and materials applicable across tertiary education, vocational training, self-learning and professional development;
- Facilitating the exchange of knowledge and experience between academia and industry; and
- Developing free-to-use tools and templates to simplify decision-making processes and automate repetitive procedures.
- Apr 2, 2021 | The 726in.F2 Model Use Templates Strategy is published
- Feb 1, 2021 | The BIMe Initiative's mission and vision now available in more that 10 languages
- Aug 22, 2020 | The 725in.E Macro Adoption Project Strategy is published
- Aug 4, 2020 | The 726in.F3 Software Selection Strategy is published
- Aug 3, 2020 | The 721in.A3 BIM Dictionary Extended Descriptions Strategy is published
- July 27, 2020 | The 1st Excellence Seminar completed - video released on the BIMe Initiative YouTube Channel.
- May 28, 2020 | BIMei Topics List, Projects List, and Volunteers List are now online
- Apr 29, 2020 | Macro Adoption Study - Spain 2019 | report available
- Apr 14, 2020 | BEXEL Consulting joins the BIMe Initiative as a valued Supporter | sponsors page
- Mar 17, 2020 | 351in Model Use Templates Guide released | resource page
- Feb 3, 2020 | 211in Model Uses List is available in Greek | resource page
- Jan 21, 2020 | Model Use Template (4040 Clash Detection) released using a new Document View
- Oct 23, 2019 | 301in BIM Maturity Matrix | Greek version available
- Oct 22, 2019 | Macro BIM Adoption - Spain 2019 | study launched
- Sep 9, 2019 | Macro BIM Adoption - Peru 2019 | study completed |report available in English and Spanish| data available for download
- Aug 15, 2019 | BIM Dictionary - New Platform released | read announcement | visit site
- Jul 22, 2019 | Macro BIM Adoption - Canada 2019 | study completed |report available in English and French | data available for download
- May 30, 2019 | BIM Dictionary - First printed version in English/Turkish | Part 1 available
- May 27, 2019 | NOVA BIM becomes the first corporate sponsor of the BIMe Initiative | visit sponsor
- Feb 13, 2019 | Macro BIM Adoption - Spain 2018 | study completed | data available for download
- Jan 27, 2019 | 201in Competency Table | French version added
- Oct 6, 2018 | BIM Dictionary Community Edition | now Open Source on GitHub
- Mar 26, 2018 | Macro BIM Adoption - Russia | study initiated
- Mar 25, 2018 | 801in BIM Dictionary Editor's Guide | updated to v1.2
- Feb 26, 2018 | Macro BIM Adoption - Spain 2018 | study initiated
- Jan 16, 2018 | Macro BIM Adoption - Egypt 2018 | study initiated
- Dec 7, 2017 | Macro BIM Adoption | work packages released
- Oct 9, 2017 | Macro BIM Adoption - Ireland 2017 | study completed | data available for download
- Oct 26, 2017 | 211in Model Uses List | resource released
- Oct 14, 2017 | BIM Competency in Qatar | pilot study launched
- Oct 7, 2017 | 101in BIMe Initiative Introduction | available in 4 languages
Groupe BIM du Québec (GBQ) aims to federate the construction industry in order to democratize and structure the digital shift of the sector of activity that develops, delivers, operates and maintains the built environment in an inclusive manner.