Welcome to the BIMe Initiative!
BIMexcellenc.org is the home of the BIMe Initiative Community. There are 137 pages covering ongoing projects and many useful resources to freely download. No registration is needed except if you'd like to participate in the BIMei Forums.
1st Excellence Seminar - Delivered!
Watch the three presentations - delivered July 25, 26 and 27, 2020 - on the BIMe Initiative's YouTube Channel:
Introduction to the BIMe Initiative Community, principles, projects, and joint volunteer efforts + Macro Adoption Project strategy and deliverables. More details in the video description on YouTube. https://bit.ly/Seminar-Day1
Introduction to BIMe Initiative Knowledge Structures, the upcoming Competency & Learning project, and multiple presentations covering the BIM Dictionary project and its extension plans. More details in the video description on YouTube: https://bit.ly/Seminar-Day2
Introduction to BIMe Initiative Community Growth plans, and multiple presentations covering the Integrated Information project: LITE framework, Model Uses Template, and Software Classification. More details in the video description on YouTube: https://bit.ly/Seminar-Day3
Presentation materials available starting August 3 from this page. Volunteering opportunities and application will be posted starting September 15 from here: https://bimexcellence.org/community/volunteers/
The BIMe Initiative is a not-for-profit knowledge generation and sharing effort undertaken by volunteer researchers from both industry and academia. The BIMe Initiative provides a community-based, research-driven alternative to top-down, authority-led, and prescriptive BIM diffusion policies. Supported by clear knowledge structures, a network of international subject matter experts, and an expanding modular language, the BIMe Initiative delivers an innovative, coherent and timely response to the opportunities and challenges caused by digital transformation across the Built Environment.
BIMe Initiative Projects are supported by in-kind contributions, research grants, commercial services, and institutional sponsorship.
The BIMe Initiative aims to improve the performance of individuals, organisations and project teams in the construction industry through:
- Developing a modular language for digital transformation across the Construction Industry. The language will simplify complex topics and weave multiple research efforts into one consistent whole;
- Generating reliable industry-wide competency benchmarks and identifying competency gaps to be addressed through continuous performance improvement activities;
- Developing competency-based learning methods, tools and materials applicable across tertiary education, vocational training, self-learning and professional development;
- Facilitating the exchange of knowledge and experience between academia and industry; and
- Developing free-to-use tools and templates to simplify decision-making processes and automate repetitive procedures.
Introduction (multiple languages)
English v180118 (original document) - First published on August 1, 2017 | Updated Jan 18, 2018 (may be newer than translated versions below)
Call to Action: If you'd like to assist in translating this document to your native language, please contact us.
- Aug 4, 2020 | The 726in.F3 Software Selection Strategy is published
- Aug 3, 2020 | The 721in.A3 BIM Dictionary Extended Descriptions Strategy is published
- July 27, 2020 | The 1st Excellence Seminar completed - video released on the BIMe Initiative YouTube Channel.
- May 28, 2020 | BIMei Topics List, Projects List, and Volunteers List are now online
- Apr 29, 2020 | Macro Adoption Study - Spain 2019 | report available
- Apr 14, 2020 | BEXEL Consulting joins the BIMe Initiative as a valued Supporter | sponsors page
- Mar 17, 2020 | 351in Model Use Templates Guide released | resource page
- Feb 3, 2020 | 211in Model Uses List is available in Greek | resource page
- Jan 21, 2020 | Model Use Template (4040 Clash Detection) released using a new Document View
- Oct 23, 2019 | 301in BIM Maturity Matrix | Greek version available
- Oct 22, 2019 | Macro BIM Adoption - Spain 2019 | study launched
- Sep 9, 2019 | Macro BIM Adoption - Peru 2019 | study completed |report available in English and Spanish| data available for download
- Aug 15, 2019 | BIM Dictionary - New Platform released | read announcement | visit site
- Jul 22, 2019 | Macro BIM Adoption - Canada 2019 | study completed |report available in English and French | data available for download
- May 30, 2019 | BIM Dictionary - First printed version in English/Turkish | Part 1 available
- May 27, 2019 | NOVA BIM becomes the first corporate sponsor of the BIMe Initiative | visit sponsor
- Feb 13, 2019 | Macro BIM Adoption - Spain 2018 | study completed | data available for download
- Jan 27, 2019 | 201in Competency Table | French version added
- Oct 6, 2018 | BIM Dictionary Community Edition | now Open Source on GitHub
- Mar 26, 2018 | Macro BIM Adoption - Russia | study initiated
- Mar 25, 2018 | 801in BIM Dictionary Editor's Guide | updated to v1.2
- Feb 26, 2018 | Macro BIM Adoption - Spain 2018 | study initiated
- Jan 16, 2018 | Macro BIM Adoption - Egypt 2018 | study initiated
- Dec 7, 2017 | Macro BIM Adoption | work packages released
- Oct 9, 2017 | Macro BIM Adoption - Ireland 2017 | study completed | data available for download
- Oct 26, 2017 | 211in Model Uses List | resource released
- Oct 14, 2017 | BIM Competency in Qatar | pilot study launched
- Oct 7, 2017 | 101in BIMe Initiative Introduction | available in 4 languages