Last updated on June 23, 2020.
The Site is owned, operated, and maintained by ChangeAgents AEC (sometimes we use "we" or "our" in this policy). Please read and make sure you are happy with the below before you continue using the Site.
- What data do we collect
- How do we collect your data
- How will we use your data
- How do we store your data
- What are your data protection rights
- What are cookies
- What types of cookies do we use
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
ChangeAgents AEC collects the following data:
- Personal Information (Name and email address). If you are a signed-up user of the site (typically reserved for site admin and active volunteers), we also collect your affiliation and location information.
- If you use one of the Social Media Widgets to sign up or log in, we may collect or may access the information that you’ve allowed that Social Media Widget to show us.
- Site usage data including the pages you visited, the files you downloaded, the events you registered for, the newsletters you signed up for, the links you pressed, the languages you use, your site preferences, and any notes or comments you’ve added into the system.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide ChangeAgents with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Use or view our Site via your browser's cookies.
- Register as a user (for admin, moderators, and active volunteers)
- Voluntarily complete a form, survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Voluntarily add notes or comments to pages.
ChangeAgents may also receive your data indirectly from the Social Media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, and Twitter) that you’ve voluntarily chosen to use when signing up or logging in.
How will we use your data?
ChangeAgents collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with your site preferences (e.g. language preference).
- Communicate with you about an event that you registered for or we think you will be interested in.
- Email you news and updates that may improve your experience when using the Site.
- Manage your account if you have one.
ChangeAgents will not share your Personal Information with third parties without first removing any identifiable data (data that links the information to you) or without first securing your prior and explicit permission.
How do we store your data?
ChangeAgents securely stores your data in the cloud (SiteGround). So long as the Site is in operation, we will keep the data collected from you. If you have an account and decide to delete it, all your Personal Information will be deleted. We may not be able to remove this Personal Information from backup copies we regularly make of the Site. This backed up Personal Information however will be encrypted.
Unless you have subscribed to our newsletter(s), we will not send you any marketing materials by third parties. We may however occasionally include information about our sponsors in our communications with you. You are able to unsubscribe from our newsletter(s) at any time as each will have an "unsubscribe" link or button.
What are your data protection rights?
ChangeAgents would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information from ChangeAgents. We may charge you a fee for this service.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that ChangeAgents corrects any of your Personal Information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that ChangeAgents erase your Personal Information and any identifiable data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that ChangeAgents restricts the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to ChangeAgents’ processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that ChangeAgents transfers the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in (if you have an account).
- Understanding how you use the Site.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – the Site uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address (note: we don't advertise any commercial products or services). We do however include information about our sponsors and supporters.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above third-party website (allaboutcookies.org.) tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us