Knowledge Views are the varied ways the BIMe Initiative is represented and communicated with industry stakeholders. These include knowledge-sharing outlets – blogs and online tools – that form an integral part of the BIMe Initiative:
BIM ThinkSpace Blog
BIMThinkSpace.com is one of the longest running blogs (first post was in Oct 2005) covering Building Information Modelling from an ‘informed practitioners’ perspective. Posts include the BIM Episodes, a highly-structured series that has been translated into numerous languages. It also shares thought-provoking contributions from international guest authors.
BIM Framework Blog and Channel
BIMframework.info is a blog for researchers interested in adapting the BIM Framework (Succar, 2009). Each post focuses on one conceptual part and is linked to peer-reviewed papers.
The blog is complemented by a YouTube Channel which includes short video explanations and general presentations based on the BIM Framework’s many interconnected parts.
BIMe Initiative Portal (this website)
The BIMexcellence.org website serves a number of purposes – including:
- Inform the public of the BIMe Initiative, its principles, projects and methods
- Acknowledge the efforts of Active BIMe Members
- Attract specialists working on similar problems/solutions
- Provide a central location for downloading all published BIMe Initiative material
- Publicise Sponsorship and Volunteering opportunities