The BIMe Initiative welcomes the participation of volunteers into all its projects. However, to keep effort management at a minimum, we will be gradually opening new volunteering roles.
There is currently one volunteering role available. More roles will be opened in the near future.
BIM Dictionary Community Coordinator
(added Feb 18, 2019)
Summary: The BIM Dictionary project has significantly expanded over the past year and the number of Editors and co-Editors has now exceeded 80 international volunteers.
To coordinate the editorial activities across the community and engage more regularly with current and potential editors, we are seeking the assistance of a volunteer Community Coordinator to work alongside the project team.
Project: BIM Dictionary
Role Title: Community Coordinator
Role Type: Volunteer
Minimum Commitment: 3-4 hours per week – for 6 months.
- Work closely with the BIM Dictionary project team
- Assist in managing the expanding community of volunteer Editors
- Develop strategies for community engagement and network expansion
Role Competencies - critical:
- Enthusiasm for knowledge sharing and acceptance of the General Principles
- Three years or more of industry experience or academic research in the built environment
- English at professional or native level
Role Competencies - preferred:
- A second language at professional level
- Prior experience in community engagement or developing communication strategies
- A resident of North or Latin America, Russia, or East Asia
Volunteering opportunities are posted here as they become available. As we rarely send out emails, please follow us on twitter (@BIMeInitiative) to stay informed about new roles or other participation opportunities.